Swing dancing was medium fun. I ran into Jina and Laura there, two girls I sorta knew from Covenant who graduated from Vandy, and they introduced me to some people they were with. Then Jina and Laura left, and I went to ice cream and then a bar with their friends. The bar was one of those things where you can sit outside on the patio to hear the band play, not a gross smoky inside deal. They played U2 and Coldplay and I talked to (yelled at) a Chinese medical student who reminded me of Ken. He said his favorite book was The Brothers Karamazov, which I have never been able to slog through.
Okay now I gotta go get ready for night shift. Thanks for all the comments lately guys!
Addendum: when I was at the swing thing, this guy introduced himself to me by saying "I'm Joel. I'm a terrible dancer. Do you want to dance?" And I said "well uh, do you know how to swing?" and he said yes and then changed his mind when he saw me starting to walk out towards the floor. It was really annoying. Then he said he wanted to learn, but he didn't actually. Then he asked me some polite questions until I trailed off with my face and introduced him to Laura, and myself to the cute Chinese guy.

2 comments:
Woah. The Brothers Karamazov. He IS Ken!
Laura Hansen..........? Hmmmm. my mind is fuzzy.
Hah! I like your profile picture!
Laura Hansen was an MK from India...sort of Founders-ish. I know, he was pretty similar to Ken, except when he drank his beer he didn't talk about the theology.
Post a Comment