Saturday, June 25, 2005

Alarm clock


Well, I bought an alarm clock. The alarm on my cell phone is woefully inconsistent all of the sudden; resulting in late wake-ups all 3 mornings I had to be at clinical this week. Luckily by the 3rd morning my ex-roommate Lydia was calling me to get me up. She's been on night shift all week.

I'm going to nights tomorrow, and I'm a little nervous about it. I'm sure I'll have trouble staying awake- one thing that probably wasn't communicated by my last post is that it's been REALLY BORING at clinicals other than that birth and an interesting preeclamptic yesterday. Lots of sitting around, hoping for a midwife patient to show up.

My fabulous sister Christie is leaving soon for her trip to Greece, Italy, and France, so I've been giving her my winning travel advice on the phone, like "don't take pictures of fields and buildings" and "throw your purse in the bottom of your sleeping bag at night."
Tonight there's a big band thing at the park, so I'm gonna go see if there's any swing dancing going on. I went to some swing thing last month that was so fun, I've been looking to duplicate the experience ever since. That's a pretty geeky way of saying it but I forgive myself because it is definitely what I mean. I wish I could have the same exact thing happen again.

Oh yeah, one other thing. My favorite Californian, Em Monty, has recommended the numbers game Sudoku. I downloaded it the other night, played it once, and got nervous about getting addicted--it's fun. I'm going to try to add it to my links list.

2 comments:

emilie said...

oh great, thanks for the link... now I'm going to become re-addicted to Sudoku. Maybe you could buy me some for my birthday.

Anonymous said...

Hey Marie. Nice blog. Rock on.