
If you need one of these, you can buy one here for $8: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11781699
I don't have one, but if I did, I would get it out of my pocket and show it to people sometimes.
Caught #236 and 237 yesterday, boy and a girl. Not twins or anything though. Haven't ever done twins, yet.
So it's Saturday, and I'm home alone. I had a really busy week so I've taken it pretty easy today, and yes, I feel kind of bad about it but well, see the beginning of the sentence. Sometimes it's okay to bum around. I've been to the hospital twice to check on patients, to the grocery and Starbucks and Rite-Aid and then back home, and now it's raining outside. I drank a caramel macchiato, to branch out from my iced chai. It was good, I think. Didn't make me as wide-eyed as I'd hoped. I bought a notebook at Rite-Aid. Then I drew a picture of a suspicious girl, an alien, and a baby loch ness monster in the notebook. I thought about making them into a story. What will probably happen is that I'll get embarrassed, put the notebook away, find it later and be so confused.
I think Darcee and Joe are married now. I was thinking about them today, thinking that the first morning you wake up married must be pretty exciting. I was also thinking how great it would be to be in Washington with all those people right now. Okay so now it's actually thundering and lightning too. Light a candle. Whenever I live somewhere more permanent, I want to have wall sconces up. I've always liked those, but have a hard time caring much about putting up decorations in all these apartments I'm in and out of right now.
We got some rocking chairs on our back deck, courtesy of our neighbor who moved out and left tons of crap on her porch behind. It makes it a lot nicer out there, I think. Even though it's way too hot to hang out outside during the day now. The seats are all wet with rain.
Hey I watched this Antarctica video today on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz2SeEzxMuE
I don't really know how to put a video on here for real.
Then of course I had to get on Wikipedia for awhile and see what McMurdo Station was. It's this place in Antarctica where all these scientists work, but there aren't permanent residents. There are up to 1000 people there during the summer and only like 200 in the winter. Everyone just hangs out and studies global warming and stuff. And they have a bowling alley there, and a 9 hole frisbee golf course. I wonder what it does to people to be inside all day, most days, March through October. I wonder what they eat?? It's not like they can grow stuff out there...it's probably all canned and dried and frozen food. The lady in the video seems pretty happy though. I bet if they had a tanning bed there, those researchers would use it. I would.
On Thursday I had a half day and I went to see K because I hadn't seen him in TWO WEEKS. He got out of work early too and we went out for Vietnamese food. He ordered the weirdest thing on the menu, some shrimp and meatball paste wrapped around a piece of sugar cane and fried up, and offered me a bite when it came. I said no, very politely, I think. He sorta had to chew it off the sugar cane sideways. I got a noodle bowl and some spring rolls and bubble tea. The best thing was the bubble tea, it was like a coconut smoothie with big shiny black tapioca balls at the bottom....I shared it with him because it was so awesome. They probably don't have those at McMurdo.
Next week is 4th of July and I'm actually off call!! Yay! Thursday night I will be singing and driving in my car again. Okay I gotta go clean up my dinner stuff before Elaine gets home.

3 comments:
And why would you feel the need to clean up your dinner stuff before I got home?? Would I care? No!! haha. You were unsuccessful, I think.
What exactly does the baby lochness look like??
Real scary. You'd probably pee your pants, Chris.
Post a Comment