Thursday, June 05, 2008

5 June 2008

Getting out of bed and going to work every morning still doesn't feel natural to me. I've been doing it for 2 years, which is less than most of my friends. A lot of my days feel like something that got thrown together at the last minute, by someone who is distracted and doesn't quite know how to do what is expected, but somehow I get away with it. I would like to be less distracted, and more steady. I would like someone to copy when I don't know what to do....I wonder if I'm supposed to be too old for that by now though.

I sleep well. I work a lot. I drink tea when I feel sleepy in the afternoon. I pray before I go to sleep, and I read my Bible before I go to work. If I'm cranky before work I pray then too, which helps sometimes. Other times, I'm still kind of asleep and it's hard for me to look people in the eye yet. I clean my apartment when it starts to gross me out, or if I'm having company. I wash my sheets and towels every other week. I talk to Kevin on the phone at night. I grocery shop. I go on road trips on the weekends with Kevin. I read library books. Getting hungry seems to take me by surprise every time, which means that I eat out a lot. I sort of feel bad about that. I would rather be a girl who plans ahead and eats healthier, but I never know what I'll like to eat when I'm at the grocery store, and I get in a hurry to be done when I'm there. Also I hate eating the same thing every day. I need to go on some reality show and get my grocery shopping habits made over. I would try to be animated to keep the viewers at home interested. :)

Today I caught #228. I should be going back pretty soon for 229. I'll be at the hospital in less than an hour probably.

Susan moved away. Not forever, just until October, but I'll miss her. We'd been getting together every 1-2 weeks. So I guess I'll hang out with other people this summer.

I think I like my hair. It's easier to do now. There are just less options with it. No ponytails. Not like those are so brilliant anyways.

I signed up for a yoga class. Every time I'd think about how I wanted my life to be once it REALLY got started, I wanted to be taking a yoga class, but I thought Dalton was too small to have that. So Monday on the way home from the grocery store I stopped off at the gym near my apartment and asked if they had yoga classes. And actually, they do. So I wrote a check and now I'm signed up for classes, twice a week starting next week.

Easier than I expected.
That's all for now.

No comments: