Well....I went to Washington. I'm back in the heat of Georgia, back catching babies, back on the brown couch in my cute living room with Elaine. I'm going to write about the trip but that doesn't mean any of you dudes are off the hook for calling me to hear about it firsthand, that is if we have that kind of relationship anyway. :)
Okay well the whole getting there to the airport an hour before PR was just as scary as I expected. His fam was super nice so I guess it was just my own nervousness and expectations that made me want to pee in my pants. Anyways I didn't. But I was really glad when I saw him walking towards us in baggage claim. That night we didn't get back to the house from the airport with all the ferry stuff, etc, until 1:30 am, which was you know, like 4:30 for me. Ha! I was tired.
So the next day we ate breakfast and looked at pictures and picked blackberries on the side of the road. Then we went and hung out with PR's friends in Tacoma and walked around and ate and played pool. Then later we went to Oregon with the whole family and stayed in a condo at the beach for 2 days. I slept in a king-size bed with 2 of his sisters, which was fun. I saw whales from our balcony. And I ate good seafood.
When we got back to Washington we stayed over with his older brother and his wife, because we missed the ferry that night. The next day PR and I went to have a picnic by a lighthouse and had dinner at the big brother's house. I liked them a lot, they seemed easy to get along with. AND they had a hot tub with grapevines twirling around the roof part, so you could stand up in the hot tub and eat some grapes...if you really wanted to. I did.
On the last day I was there, we went to Seattle and walked around and saw all those fish that they throw at people, which was brilliant, of course. And I saw where his Dad works, and went to Costco. :) Then we had big family dinner and a bonfire and sang some songs.
Then early Friday morning I flew back into Georgia, where it was hot and loud and my great roommate came all the way to the ATL airport to pick me up.
I liked it, and them. It was fun and vacationish and I never got bored.

2 comments:
It sounds like you could base a pretty good movie off that discription. If it was based in Indiana it would be like, I saw some corn and shopping malls. I need to get my parnets to move somewhere cool before I bring anyone home.
Yeah, well, that's kind of how it was when he came home with me, though. It was like, "look! We have grocery stores here!" But we did our best to show off the South like in Charleston and NC. :)
Post a Comment