Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Excuses...

So it's been more than a month, and here are my excuses:

A. My laptop's been having struggles.

2. I got it fixed and now it won't recognize the SD drive and so I have not been able to upload any new pictures. Which is lame. I don't like only posting words. Now you can just know that I have all these interesting new pictures to post that you can't see, because I haven't gotten around to calling the guy back to tell me how to fix the SD thing.

D. Work's been really wild.

Okay that's probably good enough. Since the last time I wrote I've had a big fat vacation too, during which I took Peter home to meet my family. In SC. For a week. So that was sort of frightening to think about but it actually went really well. We went to Charleston and had Cuban 4th of July and swam a lot and read a funny books to each other and went to NC briefly and then drove back to GA via the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was fun to have that much time together with my family, and to see him on a Tuesday. I've never hung out with him on a Tuesday before. He's good on Tuesdays too.

I've also gotten a roommate! Which is really good. It is really great to have Elaine here now. Today when I got home from work, I flopped on her bed and complained about my day, and it was much better than getting home from work and sitting on the couch and going over it all in my head. Not that I had a lame boring life before, but it just feels better to live with people than alone.

And I don't know why, but I've been feeling way busier, even though it's summer and most of my usual standing weeknight commitments (church, Spanish, Krista's house, dinner with Sus) are not going on. I used to always get 5 books from the library and that was usually the perfect amount to get through in the 3 weeks, 4 books really, because there'll always be at least one dud, and now I can't anymore. I have to renew now. Or get books on tape, like I did this last time.

But I only got books on tape because I was driving up to St. Louis last weekend, and I needed something for the car. So I got A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, remember when we all read that? It's still good, but not a terrific choice for staying awake, really. I went up there because those Cheneys are moving away to California this weekend, and I'm never going to see them again. Also because I like Peter and the Bechtels and the Stephs. It was fun, but a weekend feels way short. I didn't get there till like 9 pm Friday because of traffic, then left after church and got in bed in Dalton at midnight. Whatev-it was worth it. All those dudes are way cool.

Anyways now me and my ROOMMATE are going to watch a movie. Gotta go. I'll post those pictures as soon as I figure it out. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

well, i have to add, as another one-of-the-four, that i miss you and am so excited to hear that your life is filling up with such wonderful things and people. it's encouraging to hear how God is totally taking care of you :)

love you. so glad you and peter finally had a tuesday. this is a huge milestone.

Peter G said...

A,2 and D. Good job, Buzz!

Anonymous said...

Ha. You said "wild." That's a Peter Rowan word.

-bert- said...

hey, i heard trees in brooklyn on tape from the library! i recall the author doing some very cool accents. something about useless old men...and pretzels... anyway, it made me want to be yiddish for a day.

X said...

we were talking about you on thursday (two days after tuesday). i wondered if your ears burnt. come to chattanooga.