Tuesday, January 10, 2006

CNM

***I passed my exam!!!!!!!***

Now I'm allowed to put Certified Nurse-Midwife after my name. AND, I'm officially supposed to know what people are talking about when they come up to me and tell me weirdo stories that they saw on "Amazing Births" on the Discovery Channel. And if someone asks me a question about their birth control, Celiac disease, acne, ear infection, or diabetes, I should probably be able to answer them. And I'm eligible to prescribe now, I just have to get my DEA number first.

The test was harder than I was expecting.
However, I was the only one in the closet-sized, flourescent-lit testing room, so I could talk to myself and pace (a little) and stretch and bang my head against the table whenever necessary.

It was a 4 hour test. When I came out, all crazy faced and used up, the guy said, "I was about to come back there and get you, I thought you had fallen asleep or something!"
I tried not to be offended that he hadn't been as entertained by my theatrics as I had expected. (There were at least 2 cameras on me the whole time)

Anyways. Enough about that. Now I guess I have to look for a job or something. That feels pretty weird... Or maybe I'll take the day off and do a book tour of all the fabulous bookstores I've missed while I've been doing this other stuff.

I think I was expecting that nagging, "I should be doing something more profitable" feeling to go away once I was completely finished jumping through school hoops.
I'm kind of disappointed that it isn't gone. Maybe that's just how you have to feel your whole life, like there's always something crappy that you should take care of before you can relax.

I guess I probably should have anticipated that.

Hey if you know Ken, you should probably tell him Happy Birthday because now he is 25! In lieu of gifts, please send him your ideas for his paper on the relationship between Christianity and psychology.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, why did they have cameras on you? How bizarre. Congratulations on passing. Welcome to the world.

Marie said...

dan, yeah. its kind of awkward. if i ever write another scholarly paper, it will be because i am a monumental nerd...not because i have to. :)

Marie said...

mom-
the cameras were because i made some HILARIOUS muttered joke to the proctor guy about blowing the place up if he made too much noise during my exam.