Saturday, September 03, 2005

Now I'm 24


On Thursday night we had our honoring of hands ceremony at my school, and one of the midwives who I worked with this summer gave this photo to me and said, "hey, one of the patients you delivered brought this picture of you and her baby to her 6 week postpartum visit." On the back of the photo is this awesome thank-you note from the patient, talking about how happy she was with her birth and how much she appreciated my help and encouragement during her labor!!! Umm, yeah. So I was pretty much thrilled and showing everybody and jumping around. I'm still pretty excited about it.

This morning I woke up and discovered that I was sleeping with several pine needles, dust bunnies, and black specks, so I decided to wash my sheets. My Mom tells me that normal people usually wash their sheets weekly, and I think I'm going to give it a go, as part of my preparation-for-being-out-of-school-and-being-a-real-person plan. That's actually all I've thought of for that plan so far.

Anyways who cares, because do you know what? We have cable! and wireless internet!! And my patients really like me! And it's fabulous, I'm never going to leave my house again. One time I met this guy who told me he was really lonely when he first moved to Nashville, so he decided to get satellite TV and TiVo. He said after that things got a lot better, because he had something to do after work.

This morning I was flipping through the channels during breakfast, when I came across Dean Cain, my old friend from 8th grade. When I was 13, my best friend Jennie & I used to watch Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman every Sunday night. I made a collage of him for my room and we both wrote him letters, to which he replied with a postcard that said something like "Super wishes!" --Dean. I saw every episode up until he and Lois finally got married, when the whole show totally went downhill.
Since that was ten years ago I was psyched to find him back on tv. Unfortunately, he was playing in some geeky movie on the SciFi channel where a giant dragon was flying around eating people, but he still looked exactly the same, and by that I mean he looked awesome.

So, I am fully moved into my new house and I LOVE it. I forgot how it was to live with people who are your friends: it's really great. When we get home from work we talk about our days and sometimes we eat dinner together and watch movies.

Last night for my birthday, Christian & Glenn & Linda took me out for dinner and then we went back to their place for a movie. We watched Memento, and then Glenn tried to explain what he wants to do his doctoral dissertation on, and by then I was so tired that my brain could only handle one complicated concept at a time. But it was all really fun. I got a big box from my family to open, and Christian gave me a candle, and Linda gave me an Amelie poster in Chinese, and Em sent a card and earrings that she made. I also bought myself a jacket, but that's a story I'll write about later.

Okay, so awhile ago I found this necklace I really liked on the internet for $120. Last week while I was bored in Nashville I decided to try and copy it. Since I hadn't looked at the picture for a few weeks, I sort of forgot what it looked like, so it's not exactly the same, but still close, huh? I was really proud of myself. It cost like $8 to make.

9 comments:

emilie said...

Dude, you need to delete this crappy spammer.

ANYWAY: great job on the necklace. Can I have one? (Christie: I like your shirt. Can I have it?)

Anonymous said...

Hey Marie,
Welcome back. So if this midwife thing doesn't work out you can make and sell necklaces on ebay. What is Emilie talking about Christie's shirt? LYH,
Mom

emilie said...

Dear Mrs. G,
I was just pretending to be a little neighbor girl of yours (who shall remain nameless) who sometimes likes Christie's clothes and then says, can I have them.

Hopefully she doesn't read blogs. Oh well.

WHTYD, WMYS,
emily

Marie said...

Heck yeah you can have one! Are you serious? I was just wondering what I should get you for Labor Day.

Marie said...

Em, do you guys have any cool twisty black beads at your bead store like the ones in the real official necklace?

Anonymous said...

Dear E,L&M's mom,
Do you have that list? Can you post it here so I can know what to do, cause I want to be a real person too.

emilie said...

Dear Mom,
Can I have the list too. Marie, I will check at my bead store. I bet they do have black twisty beads because they have EVERY kind of bead. You just need to come check it out. MMM-K?

Marie said...

Guess what..I tried to find a list on the internet of everything real people do, and I kept pulling up links to "Grown-up Christmas List".
No more lives torn apart...the wars would never start...and time would heal the HEART!!!

emilie said...

and EVeryone would have a friend.......