Thursday, August 11, 2005

Stop it, Maddy...

Right now Linda's sitting on my couch talking on her cell again, using phrases like "oh my gosh they broke up again? No way!" But it's okay.
I've finished the summer semester, and she's been here for almost a week. It's gone by fast. We've been shopping, swing dancing, to the movies, cooking, highlighting, rock climbing, to the library, to church, a graduation, and out to eat at all my favorite places. Also we've been to Starbucks a lot because contrary to her personal belief, she is addicted to caffeine and a total slug until she gets some. Today we went to meet up with one of her new roommates, to see her room, and to check out my new house. It was fun. I got really excited to move in and took lots of pictures. Oh yeah! That's the other thing! I got a new camera. It rocks.
Well that's mostly why I haven't written, because I've been doing so much stuff. I'm a much more faithful blogger when I'm having a slow school life of boring.
By the way, I did really good on my final exams! I was happy. Even the oral. Even the presentation.
When we got back we went to Shakespeare in the Park and saw "A Winter's Tale" which was brilliant. We remembered a blanket. I was glad I lived here. Except that there was a couple on a blanket next to us eating some really garlicky Italian food that kept wafting. We were making faces about it when the girl in front of us went over to them and was all "I just want to tell y'all, I am totally inspired to bring my dinner with me next time I come to this! That garlic smells soo good!"
Okay so here's a bunch of pictures from our time so far. I got inspired by Em's big picture posting frenzy the other day and my new camera. I had lots more of Linda eating and of my house but I thought that might be overkill.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are back to posting, I've really been missing news on your life. So Linda is working on those freshman 15 already, great. (Said with that Office Space voice). Looks like you're having a wonderful time. When is the wedding? LYH

emilie said...

Thanks for the pics. I thought you were dead. Is that the Stelmo house with April and Wa? What screet is it on?

Marie said...

thanks mom. yeah, Linda can certainly pack it away. at dinner I ordered the regular ribs platter and she ordered the large..and finished it. It came with four sides!

the wedding's tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

hey i thought you asked me to the highlighting party i am seriously offended (said in a homestar runner voice)