So I got better for awhile but not all the way I guess and today I am actually HOME FROM WORK sick in my sweatpants. Wednesdays are our busiest days so you know I must be really trashed to not show up. Yesterday I got all chills and feverish and went to bed at like 6pm. So I've been reading the blogs I haven't read in awhile, and sleeping more, and now this. And did you know the Atlantic Monthly is now free online? So I've been catching up on Caitlin Flanagan too.
Elaine's going to bring me soup.
I wish my day was like this instead:
6:30am-wake up, pray, eat breakfast sitting down, drink tea.
8am-go to work
12pm-leave work and meet friends for lunch
1pm-go back to work
4:30-get off and go to yoga
5:30-go to grocery store and get dinner stuff
6:30 eat and go see those Lewins, even though they're probably at prayer meeting or something.
Read books and talk to Elaine and watch Gilmore Girls until bedtime.
This morning I went out to my car to find more Sudafed, and the sun was rising and it looked like there would actually be a break in the clouds today. The sky has been so heavy and dark and close to the ground lately. But I guess that's how January always is.
Yesterday I was at the Chinese place waiting for my takeout and there were all these kids my age who looked like they worked together eating lunch. They were talking in that almost show-offy kind of flirtatious way, at least the girls were, and the guys were just kind of sitting there trying to keep up. So maybe they weren't coworkers, because that would be a weird way to talk. Anyways they opened their fortune cookies, and one girl got "you will receive a small, valuable package" which of course became a big joke at the table, and then another girl got "your life will be completely changed 3 months from this day." And they all tried to figure out what was going to happen to her on April 22. Mine said something about getting rich.

2 comments:
I bet she goes to Six Flags and it's so awesome it changes her life forever.
Post a Comment