Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Turn left here

Susan's been here all weekend. She likes this guy. The 3 of us spent the afternoon together yesterday, then they left to go ride a motocycle, and I washed our lunch dishes and went to see James.

At the Lewins, Steve was watching this Japanese animated movie in English with French subtitles set in Sicily. I know, all you guys are going, "I love that movie!" But actually it didn't seem that interesting. So I flopped on the floor in the nursery and Nicky told me stories while James orally inspected a bottle of foot cream. Then I tried to sing a French song about a donkey with a very bad headache to James, and Steve looked at me, and Nicky laughed.

Then I went to a community meeting at the old Fire Hall. It was slightly excruciating. It felt like a lot of talking about talking about doing something. Everyone thought his story was the most important one, the most vulnerable to being disregarded, and we made larger and larger circles around the point, until somebody would pop the balloon and we would come back to earth for a second.
Then the secretary doing the minutes turned to me and asked, "do you know how to type?" All of a sudden it was my job to write down what was happening during that meeting. It was unbelievably difficult for me, so this woman whispered in my ear what to write, and they kept telling her to be quiet, so then she would whisper so quietly I couldn't hear her, and I wrote lots of things like, "that other man Says, their are still trying to plant trees and what kind are left crepe myrtlesshe asked him?"

Luckily, it ended. When I got home my roommates were having a "see who can jump higher" contest. I made Scooby Doo macaroni and cheese and ate all of it except for what was stolen away while I got myself a napkin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great movie.

This is the Stelmo thing, I assume. Was Josiah there? Seems like he would be. Or at least that he would talk about being there. I salute you for typing. My head would have exploded from the pressure, after a movement to expel me for slapping the whispering woman.

I always liked Scooby Doo better. More crevices in which the "cheese" can be lodged. Slurp.

emilie said...

cute pic. what do you mean orally inspecting foot cream? like chowing down on it? shouldn't you, as a nurse, try to prevent that sort of thing?

Marie said...

Zach-yep he was there, and fascinating to watch. you said "cheese".
Moi-it's nice to be missed. maybe someday we'll live in similar parts of the world. He is nice.
Em-I think I've promised myself not to start out sentences with the phrase, "as a nurse..." but I like it when other people do it for me.

Anonymous said...

Okay, good. Now post something else. You have no idea how many people depend on you for entertainment and intellectual development.